These are his indispensible tools for __decision making and problem solving_
The Two-track Analysis (Pages 63,64)
- What are the factors that really govern the interests involved, reationally considered? (e.g., macro and micro-level economic factors).
- What are the subconscious influences, where the brain at a subconscious level is automatically forming conclusions? (influences from instincts, emotions, cravings, and so on).
Investing and Decision Making (Pages 64-76)
Charlie's informal., but extensive, list of factors worthy of consideration:
Ultra-simple, General Problem-Solving Notions (Pages 279-281)
- Decide the big "no-brainer" questions first.
- Apply numerical fluency (use numerical analysis to support your points).
- Invert (think the problem through in reverse).
- Apply elementary multidisciplinary wisdom, never relying entirely on others.
- Watch for combinations of factors --- the Lollapalooza effect.
Psychology-Based Tendencies (Pages 440-498)
- The 25 Standard Causes of Human Misjudgement (中英文对照）：
- 一、奖励和惩罚 超级反应倾向
- (以下的1-25 顺序应该反过来。这烂编辑软件！）
- Lollapalooza Tendency --- The Tendency to Get Extreme Consequences from Confluences of Psychological Tendencies Acting in Favor of a Particular Outcome
- Reason-Respecting Tendency
- Twaddle Tendency
- Authority-Misinfluence Tendency
- Senescene-Misinfluence Tendency
- Drug-Misinfluence Tendency
- Use-It-or-Lose-It Tendency
- Availability-Misweighing Tendency
- Stress-Influence Tendency
- Contrast-Misreaction Tendency
- Social-Proof Tendency
- Deprival-Superreaction Tendency
- Overoptimism Tendency
- Execessive Self-Regard Tendency
- Simple, Pain-Avoiding Psychological Denial
- Influence-from-Mere-Association Tendency
- Reciprocation Tendency
- Envy/Jeasousy Tendency
- Kantian Fairness Tendency
- Curiosity Tendency
- Inconsistency-Avoidance Tendency
- Doubt-Avoidance Tendency
- Disliking/Hating Tendency
- Liking/Loving Tendency
- Reward and Punishment Superresponse Tendency
From the book , Expanded 3rd Edition