My apology first; my supposed short vacation turned out to be, well, not that short as people have already "complained". :)
I can't believe it, from the last time I signed in this virtual city , five months and a half have already gone by. Time flies, indeed. Anyhow, I want to share with you guys some good news and some not-that bad news about me during my absence.
Let me go over the good parts,
1. I am still alive and kicking in one piece, nothing is missing or broken inside or outside of me. That should be very assuring to my friends here who care about me, right?
2. I have been working hard to prepare my third marathon run for quite some time this year. Now I think I are ready to kick some a$$ his Sunday, Nov.3rd. Last year around this time, I was kinda upset because Super Storm Sandy hit the east coast, messed up the NYC and the marathon routes and consequently ruined my months of preparation trainings. However, one good thing though, this year I don't have to go through qualification process again because cancellation of 2012's marathon guaranteed me a seat automatically.
3. The weather forecast for upcoming Sunday looks pretty good- sunny and cool. The temperatures will be staying in the range of upper 30s to lower 50s with little north wind, that is almost ideal for long distance running.
Now, not-that bad news,
1. I proposed to my GF this summer, and she said "yes" without hesitation. ( I was secretly wishing she'd have turned me down. But no, she didn't.) As a result, I am about to be off the dating market forever. :((
2. After my proposal, I was surprised to find out my fiancee suddenly gained more "power/leverage" in my own habitat when it comes to decision making process. For instance, she started to give me some real tough assignments to go after with deadlines, of course. In addition, my freedom, a little by little, has been chipped away. Case in point, playing video games for hours is no longer "acceptable" behaviors in my very apt. I began to worry, could she become even more demanding down on the road? If so, I will be doomed. :(
3. I'll stop coming in wenxuecity from here onward since I need to "fully grow up and take responsibilities" (btw, people, that are no my own words, you should be able to guess who has repeatedly made such a demanding tall order .) However, word of advices: please don't cross me off too soon, okay? Someday, I might return to WXC, the incubator of comfort and encouragement in my heart for 7 years when the time ripes in the future.
As a foot note, for all of my fiends in this city I sincerely hope you guys continue having fun and inspirations without me for a while. In addition, I want to wish you guys a very awesome Thanksgiving, Christmas and a happy New Year ahead.