Remember
《记着》
Christina Rossetti (1830 - 1894)
作者:克里斯蒂娜·罗塞蒂
翻译:忒绿
Remember me when I am gone away,
记着我吧,当我就要远走,
Gone far away into the silent land;
去遥远的一块寂静之地;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
当你不能再握我的手时,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
我也不再能够半走半留。
Remember me when no more day by day
记着我吧,当你不再能够
You tell me of our future that you planned:
成天地谈论我们的未来:
Only remember me; you understand
只是记着我吧;你要明白
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
劝说祷告是太晚的徒劳。
Yet if you should forget me for a while
即使你一些日子忘了我
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
而后又想起,请不要悲哀:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
因为如果黑暗和腐朽
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
让我在你心中留下痕迹,
Better by far you should forget and smile
此时,你最好忘记并微笑
Than that you should remember and be sad.
不要依然记着,空留悲戚。
Christina Georgina Rossetti (5 December 1830– 29 December 1894) was an English writer of romantic, devotional and children's poems, including "Goblin Market" and "Remember". She also wrote the words of two Christmas carols well known in Britain: "In the Bleak Midwinter", later set by Gustav Holst, Katherine Kennicott Davis, and Harold Darke, and "Love Came Down at Christmas", also set by Darke and other composers. She was a sister of the artist and poet Dante Gabriel Rossetti II and features in several of his paintings.
Rosetti wrote the poem in 1849 at the age of 19, though it was first published in 1862 in her collection Goblin Market and Other Poems.