这首歌是根据圣法兰西斯(又译为:亚西西的圣方济各)的祷告词改写成:
- Make me a channel of your peace:
- 使我作祢和平之子
- Where there is hatred, let me bring your love,
- 在憎恨之处播下祢的爱
- Where there is injury, your pardon, Lord,
- 在伤痕之处播下祢宽恕
- And where there's doubt true faith in you.
- 在怀疑之处播下祢信心
- Make me a channel of your peace:
- 使我作祢和平之子
- Where there's despair in life, let me bring hope,
- 在绝望之处带去盼望
- Where there is darkness, only light,
- 在幽暗之处带去光明
- And where there's sadness, ever joy.
- 在忧愁之处带去欢乐
- O Master, grant that I may never seek
- 哦,主啊,使我不为己求
- So much to be consoled as to console;
- 少求被安慰,但求被安慰人
- To be understood as to understand,
- 少求被理解,但求理解人
- To be loved, as to love with all my soul!
- 少求被爱,但求全心付出爱人
-
- Make me a channel of your peace:
- 使我作祢和平之子
- It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
- 在赦免时,我们便蒙赦免
- In giving of ourselves that we receive,
- 在舍去时,我们便有所得
- And in dying that we are born to eternal life.
- 在向己而死时,进入永生