who works for $28.00 to $33.00/year
Join this global leader in the Biotech industry in their fight against cancer as a Histotechnician!
Supports the functions of histology in the performance of routine histotechniques and maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with advances in histotechniques. Follows standard procedures and safety policies in performing the tasks and utilizes good documentation practices for maintaining records. Assists in general laboratory maintenance and in ordering/stocking of laboratory supplies.
- Performs tissue processing, cell block preparation, embedding, microtomy and slide staining. Performs accessioning as assigned.
- Maintains instruments and/ or laboratory equipment.
- Help with ordering, buffer preparation, fridge cleaning, and biohazodous waste removal.
- Performs complex technologies as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Solid working knowledge of IHC theory and troubleshooting, and basic IHC and routine histology and IHC quality control documentation.
- Experienced in routine histotechniques.
- Ability to perform, processing, embedding, microtomy, H&E staining and coverslipping of the same.
- Skilled with use of word processing and email use.
Associates degree in laboratory science, medical laboratory technology, or major in Histology OR with current HT or HTL (ASCP) certification
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00 to $33.00 /year
- Histology: 1 year (Preferred)
- HT or HTL ASCP Certification (Preferred)