什么是母校?
What is the Alma Mater?
就是那个你一天骂它八遍却不许别人骂的地方
It is a place about which you can complain eight times a day, but nobody else is allowed to
几个人用同样的钥匙打开同一扇门
A place at which several people use a copy of the same key to open the same door
几个人用同样的目光跟空荡荡的寝室.
Several people have the same view in an empty bedroom
看着空荡荡的宿舍和柜子,总觉得留下了什么,原来留下了我对你们的思念。
Looking at the empty bedroom and cabinets, I feel that something is left behind, that is my memory
毕业了,才发现大学生是最好的职业。
Only after graduation, I found that studentship is the best profession
母校是什么?
What is the alma mater?
你刚来的时候巴不得早点走,可真当你要走的时候,又急切地想多留一两天。
When you first came, you wished to leave sooner; when it is time for you to really leave, you wish eagerly to stay for a couple of more days.
再也不用逃课了,因为没有课上了…
You do not have to skip class anymore, because there are no more classes ...
今天天气不错,明天没有课……以后都没有了…
Today’s weather is beautiful; there will not be classes tomorrow ... no more from now ...
大学就像校门口的公交车,坐上车,去了又回,那是又开始一个学期;坐了不回,就毕业了。
The University is like an off campus bus, a round trip, is another semester; leaving without a return, is graduation.
我用一麻袋的钱上大学,换了一麻袋书。
I paid for my education with a sack of money, in exchange for a sack of books
毕业了,用这些书换钱,却买不到一麻袋。
At graduation, I am not able to buy back a sack with the money these books worth.
抱着一张大学录取通知书睡觉,醒来后发现通知书变成了毕业证,证明我在这里里睡过。
I sleep holding the university admission letter, and waken up to find that the letter has changed into a diploma, only to prove that I have slept here.
用四年的时间换一个心底永远的回忆。
I used four years to get an ever-lasting memory in my heart
叶子的离开是风的多情还是树的不挽留?
Is the leaves' falling, due to the wind’s attraction or the tree’s indifference?
你我的离校是人生的催促还是青春难留?
Is our leaving the urging of life or withering of youth?
人之将毕业,其言也善。
For graduating persons, their words are no more complaints.
我哭着到来,大家都笑了;我微笑着离开,大家都哭了。
When I arrived crying, everyone laughed; now I am leaving with a smile, everyone is crying
唉,这就是大学…
Alas, this is exact the University …