JUNE 16, 2011打了几年的球，每年的进步虽然不多，但总让人欣喜。今年的教练是大卫，很喜欢看他打球，很正规的挥杆，轻松自如。他给我的最大指导是短球和PUTTING。
short game chipping
1. narrower stand, ball positioned depending on trajectory you desire, higher or lower flies
2. hands leading ball
3. swing backwards as much as swing forward
4. legs are quiet, however, you do need to swing and follow through
5. keep waist up soft and willow
6. keep hands firm and relaxed.puttingI changed my hands postion from interlock to overlapping as advised by David. He believe left should lead right hand, overlappoing grip should be better.
1. always stand behind the ball a few feet afar to assess the path ball is going to roll
2. find a spot nearby and stare at it as you approach the ball, and putt through that spot
3. swing backwards 1 distance and forward 2-3 distance, this should assure acceleration, which is very important in any golf stroke
4. always keep arms relaxed. tense the muscle will make your swing rigid and cause miss hit
5. be confident once your know the path and direction of the ball, envision the ball goes in and enjoy it.Positive thinking.
He said something else that I really like. You know whne we did a bad shot and dishearted by that? David said always walking toward your next shot thinking is a challenge to make your game better and swing with confidence and winning image in mind.I love that attitude.
I stopped seeing him for coaching last week. I don't want to golf with him either. he is way too serious a player. score above 80 bothers him. ;)
My own points to remember
1. every shot, walk behind the ball and looking for breaks, grass length and grains, to decide the direction and stroke length
2. always find a spot ahead of the ball nearby to aim at, aim the toes point as well
3. consider both legs and head fixed, waist up and arm relaxed
4. swing back more(this David observation of me), keep eyes on the ball, and swing easily with confidence that the ball will just fly to whereever you envisioned.
5.I learned to have a open club face at back swing, and naturally close the club face at relaxed forward swing. it allows more distance, however, when I swing too hard, it often gives me hook. most of the time I am satisfied with the result.
driver, 190-250 yards
3 wood 160-190
5 wood 140-160
7 wood 130-140
5 hybrid 125-135
6 hybrid 115-125
7 hybrid 105-115
8 iron 100-110
9 iron 90-100
complete the forward swing with belly button pointing at target and right knee touching left knee
watch your ball roll, analyze this swing and learn from it
Bought a new Callaway driver, 9.5 degree. Now I am able to hit the ball at a lower trajectory and farther away with more rolling on fairway. I think at least 10-20 yards, sometimes 30-40 yards. tried it yesterday, it worked beautifully. Love it.
why we pull the ball?
at the bottom of the swing when club is approaching the ball, thinking to move belly button parallel to the target line, instead of turn.
1. Address the ball with both arms hanging naturally down, check posture/head position, remember those, before swing starts
2. Consider waist down steady and quiet
turn only waist up, that should cause a tension on the hips
3. at back swing, start to think relaxing waist up, arms particularly
4. keep eyes on the ball, maintain head/legs position, turn until hips feel the tension, check ball again, pause
5. swing with ease, relaxed swing drive ball farther than strong tension swing
6. at practice swing, make sure it is a full swing, right leg touch left leg, belly button toward target, arms at finish
Golfed with Scott twice past weekend. tee off from white saturday, he scored 40, 44, me, hehehe bad score
Golfed with sunday with him again, I teed off from red, scored 40, 44, him, hehehe bad score 46 46. it's a unfair conpetition, ladies' tee sometimes 100-130 yards shorter. poor Scott and Dan beaten so badly by me and Alex
He played baseball for more than 20 years, hence the baseball swing, that can slice severely at times. I, hook and slice depend on my mood *_*