This is what I want to tell myself if I meet him if there ever there is time travel. For now, I can only remind my son. Not in particular order nor importance.
1. Take your child fishing, early and often.
2. Bike with your child in the neighborhood, by the lake, in the trails, often.
3. Take your child to county fairs, state fairs, music festivals, carnivals, often
4. Take your child camping, hiking, swimming, playing in little streams, often
5. Take your child exploring caves, sand dunes, sea shores
6. Take your child to museums, diner theatres, Broadway shows, and concerts over his or her objection.
7. Take your child to road trips, often
8. Read with your child, play board games, card games together, often.
9. Take your child to ball games, often.
10. Most important of all, talk to your child, listen to your child, and hear him or her out, always.