Lot of iOS users hit this issue when they update their iPad from iOS 7.0 to iOS 8.0 or iOS 8.02. After upgrade iOS 8 many applications hangs, freezes and load very slow including iOS inbuilt applications like safari.
list of issues happended after updating iPad 2
- Very slow Wi-Fi and broadband connection
- Battery life reduced (atleast 25%)
- The processor is heating up
- Copy and paste functionality not working between browser windows
- Continuously app crashing per day. Some times opening crashed app take 2 to 10 seconds.
Deleting number of apps , free up space and hard restart is not going to solve this issue. Unless you have complete backup of iOS 7 data on Mac be ready to re-installing iOS 7.1.2. It is the only way to stop this issue.
Solution 1:- Reset All Settings
Reset you iPad device settings using Setting->General->Reset->Reset All Settings. Its increase your iPad performance little better.
Solution 2:- Perform hard reboot three times
Some people said, this method solved their slow running iPad issue.
Hold the sleep/wake button and home button upto 8 seconds. This will turn off your iPad.
Then turn on iPad. Wait few moments. Do the same thing twice to solve this issue.
Go to Setting->General->Accessibility->Reduce Motion. Turn on.
One Apple community user said, this solution solved his slow iPad 3 problem.
Open some webpages in Safari.
Go to the last tab on the right side and pinch the page with two fingers (the screen will reduce mini tabs).
Select any one of the min tab.
After safari resumed normal size, check its speed.
Solution 5:- Go to Settings and turn off the following features to speed up iOS 8
- Spotlight search
- Turn off everything in Accessibility except Reduce Motion
- Background app refresh
- In keyboard settings turn off auto-correction and split keyboard
- In privacy setting turn off Location services for all app, share my location, contacts for all apps, photos for all apps, Microphone for all apps.
- Turn off iCloud for all apps and turn off share my location
- In iTunes and App Store, Turn off automatic downloads
- In safari settings, turn off preload top hit and turn on Do not track option & Fraudulent website warning.
After changing this setting do hart rest two or three times. This settings make iPad 2 with iOS 8.0.2 more responsive.
Solution 6:- Reinstall iOS 7.1.2
- Download iOS 7.1.2 firmware file for your iPad
If you have any another issues or solutions for this problem, do let us via comment.
- Check if you have latest version of iTunes
- Connect your iPad to computer using USB cable
- iPad will shown in left column of iTunes. Choose the iPad (Back up your iPad data before do this thing)
- Under summery tab , hold on option key in Mac or Shift key in Windows and choose Restore iPad
- It show one pop up window. choose iOS 7.1.2 firmware file(which is already downloaded) in your computer location.
- After choosing that file, iTunes automatically install iOS 7.1.2 in your iPad