I was listening to the conversations about a summer camp just finished. He was one happy camper!
Here is his summary.
1. “The days are long but the week is short”. Structured programs last from 8:00am to 11:00pm each day. The day lasted until 1:00am next day. Luckily, there is unlimited snacks.
2. Some campers are mean and not happy to be there, but they are now part of the family. We accept them, we accept them just the same.
3. You cannot tell a person’s background without talking to them. You will learn a lot about a person through sharing experiences.
4. Sometimes you will just have to trust somebody and accept the consequence.
5. Sometimes you will have to decide quickly with what you have, however limited it is.
6.Do not expect leadership training will instantly impact you. It is up to the individuals to figure out how to develop these skills.
7. Will apply to go back next year as a helper so other kids can have the same or better experiences.